Thursday 21 November 2013

A gift for the nurses!


I love these!!!!







Made these for the nurses and medical care workers at KKIVF. I was apprehensive when I first went there for treatment, but at the end of it all, I felt really comfortable. I checked with my friend and she told me it would be nice for the nurses to receive a small gift or a card. She said….nursing is a "thankless job". So sad……After heading down to KKIVF so frequently in the last 2 weeks, they really work long hours!!!!!

It's best to send something that can last a few days. Sometimes, they get so busy and they dun go to the room to take. Apparently candies and chocolates are very well liked. Thought I would be a little different :) Just thought the nurses would feel that they are appreciated.

Ooh….I wrote some words on the card too. 

AND!!!! hehehe. of cos i saved 2! One for Michelle (was told by the nurse), the lovely anesthetist and my favorite Dr Tan!!!! I thought he had consultations today. But apparently not. BUT!!!!! As we were leaving, H saw him coming down the escalator! So happy! We said hi to him. He's really a warm person. He stopped to talk to us for a while when he could have just said hi and bye. 

Side gossip - I wonder when Dr Tan will leave KK. All the doctors @ KK, once they are promoted to Head, they leave for greener pastures. I guess the only reason why a doctor will continue to stay on in a restructured hospital, is because they can continue with their research and educating the students. When we met Dr Tan at the escalator, he told us he just came from a talk for some clinical students. I would think most doctors would want to earn as much money as possible. Why would a doctor want to continue to stay on and be overloaded? The newspaper recently reported that an orthodontist in a restructured hospital performs 80 surgeries a year. While, a private doctor only performs 3. Actually, I cannot remember if the time frame was a year or a month! But it shows the vast difference. But it also means that it's better to go to a restructured hospital should you need major surgeries! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment