Thursday 28 November 2013

What happens after embryo transfer

According to this www….

http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer


3-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 OneThe embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 TwoThe cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 ThreeThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 FourThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 FiveThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 SixImplantation continues
 SevenImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 EightHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 NineFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 TenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 ElevenLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

5-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy


As of today, I am day 13 past embryo transfer date. So…...if I do a pregnancy test today, it should start showing a positive? I read another lady's blog and she started testing from day 10. She pasted all the test strips on a page! So amazing how the positive line just got darker and darker with each passing day. She is sooo brave. I am worried that by testing, I am jinxing myself. And what if there's still HCG in me? This lady was doing the vaginal depositories, but I am doing the Pregynl injections. Although I do not remember being injected anything after my embryo transfer, I read that the Pregynl injections I have been taking also contain HCG. My last injection was on 25th November (Monday). So…..since we have different protocol, I better not take the risk. Not only about jinxing myself, but a false positive is more heart breaking than a real negative.

And….. I am really tired of hoping. Each time I hope and hope, even plan, nothing comes true. Even as of now, I am so worried my menses will arrive. If this is a negative, my menses should arrive Saturday (tomorrow) or Sunday. It is always pretty much on time and I doubt the Pregynl injections would delay it.

So…. day 17 past embryo transfer date, which is a Tuesday, I will be back at KK for my blood test. It it often referred to as the "beta" test. This is because it measures a beta chain portion of the human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) hormone emitted by the developing embryo. I will give H's number for KKIVF to contact, cos I dun think I can take the news. Apparently the "news" will be out between 1-4pm, but often before 1pm. I don't know how I am going to keep myself occupied!!!! That is if menses dun arrive before Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment