Monday 25 November 2013

Day 9 post embryo transfer

Wow!
9 days! another 8 more days to go…..
driving me nuts though…..
Anyway, today is last day for the Pregnyl injections. Phew…….

What has been happening?
Well, I have been having abdominal pains i since last Tuesday (6 days ago). To be specific, it is an indigestion pain.

How does it feel? Terrible….
1) Your tummy will bloat up as if it's a balloon
2) If you are lucky, you will release gas (I say lucky cos it helps to deflate that balloon). But one of the side effects of the medicine is constipation!!! So…..I had no gas to release
3) Pain is similar to gastric
I know it is not gastric cos I had indigestion pains before…..

What happens?
When it attacks you, you can't stand straight. The best thing to do is to lie down on your side and use a small pillow or a rolled towel to cushion your tummy. Try to fall asleep if possible. I used the Yu Yee Oil when I really reached my max for the pain. Cos I not sure if it's ok to use the Yu Yee Oil. I asked the KKIVF nurse. She said, can use on baby, so should be ok. Hmmmm…..in any case, I avoided the womb area. Felt so much better after my Yu Yee Oil….

What to do?
Apparently nothing much you can do. I read somewhere that it's due to the injections. I guess due to the Pregnyl that I am injecting every 3 days? So what I do:
1) I drink some warm water before I start eating
2) I eat smaller meals and I take in food every 3 hours
3) I researched on what food that does not cause indigestion. I am staying away from milk products. Previously when I had indigestion problems, I took yoghurt/yakult daily and have meals at fixed timings.

I called the clinic last Thursday, after suffering for 2 days. Nurse says to drink plenty of water and eat more protein. Yucks….no medication? She even added "When you get pregnant, it will get worse". Oh dear…. I felt I was having a low quality life by allowing it to control me. I was even afraid to go out or have my weekly dinners with my family cos they are not aware of my IVF and I did not want to suffer an attack while out with them. Lucky for me, dinner on Sunday went on well…….

As I am writing, I had a light snack at 3.30pm, 3 hours after my lunch and just a little indigestion….but very minimal and pain level is not even 0.5. Oh, but I feel a little giddy though….. but this is much better than my IUI 2ww. I was on the oral pills for progesterone. I had to take it 2 times daily and each time I take, my whole world spins. That was  really bad. It was not as if I will black out. I just feel like my whole world is moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment